Here’s a twist on the traditional cocktail. With jalapeno and horseradish, this Watermelon Bloody Mary is a refreshing brunch drink the girls will really welcome. Spicy & sweet just like them.
Refreshing watermelon cocktail with a little kick, this is the ideal summer Bloody Mary recipe.
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, stem removed, chopped
- 2 limes, juice only
- 6 ounces tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- hot sauce, to taste
- 1/3 cup vodka
- lime wedges
- chili lime salt
- 4 bamboo skewers (6 inches long)
- watermelon wedges (optional)
- prosciutto (optional)
- cucumber slices (optional)
- jalapeno slices (optional)
- green olives (optional)
- In blender, blend watermelon cubes and jalapeno pepper until completely smooth. Pour mixture through fine sieve set over pitcher.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper, fish sauce, horseradish and hot sauce, to taste, to pitcher; stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add vodka and stir.
- Line rims of four glasses with lime juice from lime wedges; dip in chili lime salt poured on plate. Carefully put ice in each glass and divide Watermelon Bloody Mary mixture evenly.
- Add garnishes, as desired, by skewering watermelon wedges, prosciutto, cucumber, jalapeno and green olives. Place garnishes in glasses and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 1678mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 13g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Like this? Make a Build-Your-Own Bloody Mary bar and invite your friends over.
If you’re serving cocktails while friends are over, a Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar is the perfect answer to a casual get together. We show you how.
Want more? See new Bloody Mary recipes & party ideas in our weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
- prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables
- be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas
- get all the freebies, hear about contests and see last week’s articles so you don’t miss a thing.