Watermelon Donuts for a grab-and-go delight that kids love. Perfect on hectic mornings or hurry-to-get-there moments. Or just for fun, because that’s the kind of mom you are.
- 2 slices seedless watermelon, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pinch sugar
- vanilla, to taste
- 9 slivered almonds
- Cut out donut shapes from watermelon slices.
- Sweeten Greek yogurt with sugar and vanilla, to taste, to create frosting.
- Frost half of watermelon donuts with half of frosting. Add layer of remaining watermelon donuts and top with remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds over top and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board