Perfect summer dessert. This Lemon Cream Puff recipe is easy to do and will impress your guests.
You don’t have to be a pastry chef to make these delicious desserts. A creamy citrus filling in a light, crispy pastry makes this the perfect summer dessert for your backyard brunch.
For tips on how to make the filling see Best Homemade Whipped Cream for Toppings, Frosting & Fillings.
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c butter, cubed
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 c sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush water over parchment paper. Fill piping bags with pastry dough and pipe circle swirls 3 inches apart.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, combine beaten egg, sugar, lemon juice and butter. Slowly cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until partially set. Whisk again to make sure ingredients are mixed well.
- In a large bowl, beat whipped cream and sugar until stiff peaks form; fold in lemon mixture.
- Fill pastry bag with lemon filling. Split pastry puffs. Pipe lemon filling onto pastry bottoms, replace pastry tops. Dust with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
We provide nutritional information but these figures should be considered estimates as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Culinary.net Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Like this? See more summer dessert recipes.
So many fruits are in season. Then there’s ice cream and other refreshing desserts. Awesome but easy summer dessert recipe index for happiness all summer!
Like this? See our new recipes in the weekly Merrymaker Magazine.
Sign up for our weekly magazine and never miss a recipe.
Prepare in advance for the week’s upcoming daily holidays with our tips & printables. Be inspired by ideas to celebrate upcoming seasonal holidays with printables, party plans, recipes and fun ideas.