Wow the crowd (and your taste buds) with these amazing peanut butter cookie turkeys. Peanut butter + chocolate + candy corn = Thanksgiving love!
These are finicky to make, so it’s not really a project for kids. They are time consuming to assemble, so if you’re using them at each placing of your Thanksgiving table, bake the cookies a few days ahead. Then assemble a few each day before your holiday dinner. That way you can have fun with the process.
Peanut Butter Cookie Turkeys for the Thanksgiving Table
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- White Frosting
- Chocolate Frosting
- Reese’s Miniature Cups
- Candy Corn
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs, small
- Wilton Red Cookie Icing with Decorative Tip
- Wilton Orange Cookie Icing with Decorative Tips
- Start with 2 for each turkey. On the flat bottom of one cookie, put a line of white frosting along the edge of half the cookie.
- Place a line of candy corn into the frosting, tip down, side by side, to look like tail feathers.
- Glue this cookie upright to one side of another peanut butter with white frosting. (Make sure the frosted candy corn side of the cookie faces away from the bottom cookie.)
- Slice an edge off the miniature peanut butter cup to make it flat. Glue it on the bottom cookie, flat edge down, right against the tail feather cookie with chocolate frosting.
- Glue a Maltezer on top of the miniature peanut butter cup and against the peanut butter cookie with chocolate frosting.
- Turkey head: Cut off white tip of candy corn. Glue on as nose with white frosting. Using red decorating icing, add line beside nose for snood. Glue on two eyes with white frosting.
- Turkey wings: Glue candy corn on the miniature peanut butter cup on each side of the head, tip up, with chocolate frosting.
- Turkey feet: using the orange cookie icing, draw turkey feet on the bottom cookie in front of the miniature peanut butter cup.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving to keep decorations from melting off.