There’s no fumbling around with this game day recipe made with bacon wrapped little potatoes, melted cheese and jalapeños.
Part of the fun of Game Day is the food. Score big points with this crowd-pleasing snack. These Pigskin Potatoes are a football-watching favorite: little potatoes and melted cheese wrapped with bacon. Mmmmm. . .
Recipe is compliments of The Little Potato Company. Visit littlepotatoes.com/gameday for more game day recipe ideas and to find a store near you.
Here’s a tip to make it easier: boil potatoes 2 days ahead, fill and wrap potatoes 1 day ahead, then bake and serve on game day.
- 1 ½ lb little potatoes (1 bag) Dynamic Duo or Terrific Trio Little Potatoes
- 6 oz plain cream cheese at room temperature
- ⅓ c finely shredded orange cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- 1 lb thinly sliced bacon, rashers cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Boil potatoes until fork tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Cut in half and allow to cool. In bowl, use spatula to combine cream cheese, cheddar, chives, salt, pepper and jalapeno, if desired.
- Once chilled, spread cream cheese on half of cut potatoes and sandwich each with other halves. Wrap each potato using half rasher of bacon around cut middle to ensure cheese doesn't escape.
- Bake on middle rack 10 minutes. Flip and bake 10 more minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Broil 2 minutes, turn once and broil 2 minutes until bacon reaches desired crispiness.
Wow the crowd with our awesome Game Day recipe ideas for Super Bowl watching or for any sports viewing on TV. You know the right food makes game day memorable!
Want more? See all our appetizer recipes.
Appetizers should be served with every party! They keep the crowd happy if things are running a little late. They are perfect for nibbling while standing up during meet-and-greet. They allow a little taste of a lot of different foods.
See our appetizer recipes for a cocktail party, game day, or pre-dinner dining. Tips on how to create a cheese board.
- step by step tutorials
- recipes for all skill levels
- tips to make your recipe turn out perfectly the first time
Want to see our new recipes?
Sign up for our weekly magazine with all our new recipes, party ideas and ways to put more play in every day.