Wild blueberries are tiny with a burst of flavor. They’re perfect for popsicles! These wild blueberry frozen yogurt popsicles say that summer’s finally here.
Do you know the difference between wild blueberries and cultivated blueberries?
Wild blueberries are about half the size of the cultivated blueberries you find fresh in your grocery store. They grow in fields and marshes of Maine and Canada.
They have a unique sweet-tart taste, and are only available frozen at the store. (We pick wild blueberries ourselves because we are fortunate enough to live near some berry bushes.)
USDA studies rank Wild Blueberries highest in antioxidant capacity per serving, compared with more than 20 other fruits including cranberries, strawberries, apples and even cultivated blueberries.
Wild Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
- 1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1 ounce milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, softened slightly
- Materials: small wooden or plastic sticks, paper cups
- Thaw Wild Blueberries and purée. In a bowl, combine puréed Wild Blueberries, chocolate and frozen yogurt. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon in Wild Blueberry mixture, dividing it evenly between the paper cups. Place a stick in the center of each cup and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- To eat, peel off paper cup.
Photo and recipe from Wild Blueberry Association